West Wyalong Accommodation
With a population of 3,191, West Wyalong is 69km North of Temora. West Wyalong is known as an administrative and service centre at the junction of the Newell and Mid Western Highways. The original occupants of the area were the Wiradjuri people. The first European in the area was John Oxley who investigated the district in 1817. West Wyalong was a pastoral centre that boomed following the discovery of gold in 1893. The following year there were 500 miners on the field. The crooked main street is a legacy of the gold rush and follows the route of an old bullock track.